Ron Kikinis, MD
|Ron Kikinis, MD,
Brigham and Women's
Director of the Surgical Planning Laboratory of the Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School; Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School
- University of Zurich, Switzerland, 1982
- Intern in Radio-oncology, University Hospital, 1983-1984
- Resident in Radiology, Institute of Radiology, University Hospital, 1984-1986
- Resident in MR Unit, Children’s Hospital, University of Zurich, 1986-1987
- Research Fellow, Radiation Biology, University Hospital, 1980
- Research Fellow, Image Processing in Radiology, Institute of Radiology, University Hospital, 1986, 1987-1988
- Research Fellow, Image Processing in Radiology, Institute of Communications Technology of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, 1986, 1987-1988
- Research Fellow, Neuro MR, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, 1988-1989
Development of clinical applications for image processing, computer vision and interactive rendering methods.
Clinical interests include the development of clinical applications for image processing, computer vision and interactive rendering methods. Dr. Kikinis is currently concentrating on developing fully automated segmentation methods and introducing computer graphics into the operating room. He is the author of 125 peer-reviewed articles.
Before joining Brigham & Women's Hospital in 1988, Dr. Kikinis worked as a researcher at the ETH in Zurich and as a resident at the University Hospital in Zurich, Switzerland. He received his M.D. from the University of Zurich, Switzerland, in 1982.