The BSF sponsored the first International Meningioma Summit convened in the United States. On October 13, 2005, bringing together neurosurgeons, basic science researchers and clinicians from around the world to present to each other on the topic of meningioma, the most common type of primary brain tumor.
At the end of the session, the general consensus was that this multi-disciplinary convention was very productive and that the session should be repeated on a larger scale involving more scholars, doctors and patients.
- Dr. Peter M. Black, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Dr. Jay Loeffler Massachusetts General Hospital
- Dr. Jacques Brotchi, Universite Libre de Bruxelles
- Dr. Margaret McLaughlin Broad Research Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Dr. Elizabeth Claus, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Dr. Necmettin Pamir Marmara University Institute of Neurological Sciences, Istanbul
- Mr. Steven Haley Brain Science Foundation
- Dr. Naren Ramakrishna Dana-Farber/Brigham & Women’s Cancer Center
- Dr. Michel Kalamarides Hospital Beaujon, Paris
- Dr. Charles Stiles Dana-Farber/Brigham & Women’s Cancer Center
- Dr. Edward Laws University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Dr. Patrick Wen Dana-Farber/Brigham & Women’s Cancer Center